Obtaining Iran tourist visa has a simple procedure here. Tehran Gasth Nili applies and gets visa for all foreign nationals (except holders of Israeli passport) in 6-10 working days.
To get your visa you are only required to fill in the Visa Form to be sent to the Ministry of Foreign affair; then you will receive a reference number by which you may collect your visa from the Iranian consulate of your choice.
Normally all tourist visas issued by Iranian consulates are valid for “3- months”. With a possibility of staying in for up to 30 days which in practice is an extendable to 3 month.
– special authorization in the form of a reference number issued by the Foreign Ministry in Tehran
– Two completed visa application forms
– Valid passport, for at least 6 months
– 1 recent photos ( size 3x4cm)
– Visa fee
Necessary documents and fees required at the Consulate:
1. Fill out the standard visa application form at the consulate where you want to collect your visa.
2. Bring one passport-sized photos of each applicant to the consulate
3. Pay the standard visa application fee to the consulate (this fee varies depending on your nationality). For more information you may look at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Iran http://www.mfa.gov.ir/